Beautify Your Northern Virginia Home With Bay & Bow Windows Installed by Shiner
Bay and bow windows are a bold choice when it comes to giving your home in Washington, D.C., and beyond a brand new look. There is something distinctive about a house that features bow or bay designs, and the added curb appeal is virtually unmatched by other window styles. Shiner Roofing, Siding and Windows can help you find just the right combination of interior colors, glass types, size, depth and style for your home in Arlington, Alexandria, Georgetown, or in any other community in Northern Virginia, Maryland, or the District of Columbia.
Bay v.s. Bow
Although you almost certainly have seen bay and bow windows before, many people confuse one for the other. Here is a general description of each type that might help clear up the confusion:
- Bay windows consist of a set of three connected panes (lites) that extend outward from the home in a boxed array, typically with the side panels situated at an angle to the middle panel
- Bow windows consist of sets of five or six lites that are connected in such a way that the array appears to curve in a semi-circular pattern away from the building; the glass itself is not curved, but the effect produced by the shape of the array makes it appear that way
Shiner works with one of the top manufacturers in the nation, Sunrise Windows. The beautiful bay and bow windows from Sunrise come with:
- Furniture-grade seat boards, headboards, and side panels
- An anti-water penetration system to protect against moisture damage
- Optional interior laminates that eliminate the need to paint or stain inside and reduce maintenance
Shiner is a licensed, bonded, and insured home improvement contractor that has served Northern Virginia, Maryland and Washington, D.C., since 1981. We are locally owned and operated, and have an A-plus rating from the Better Business Bureau. To request a quote on new bay or bow windows from Shiner, contact us today.